Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Vienna

Folks, today was my birthday, and what a birthday it was. We celebrated last night, and we celebrated today as well. Today was a good day. This post will be short, because my power is running low. I'm playing in the opening ceremony concert on Saturday. I was assigned to this chamber group that I thought was going to be made up of PMF students. Turns out, half of it is PMF students, the rest of it is the principal oboist, clarinetist, bassoonist, and french horn (ist?) from the Vienna Phil. Very intimidating. Either way, it is a great experience because I'm the one of two string players playing with them. My dear friend Mr. Biava made sure I got to do something cool like that. Everyone else was assigned to this string orchestra piece, and I'm very glad I don't have to do it. We had a sectional with the principal bass of the Vienna Phil this afternoon, and it was an interesting experience. But, back to the birthday celebrations. We went to the Kirin beer garden in downtown Sapporo last night. I though about ordering a seaweed tonic, a shandy gaff, or the lamb tonic, but I stuck to the beer. (If it ain't broke, don't fix it.) All is well, I would like to write more, and post a picture, but my computer will not last much more. (I'm wasted and I need to go to bed.) ((What?)) Good night all.

Quote of the Day: "What's a shandy gaff?"

No comments: